Believing in God’s Word and Spirit
In 1906, when under the Presidency of Theodore Roosevelt, a small band of Christian believers exercising their rights to freedom of religion needed a place to worship God. After going from house to house in the East Tarboro Community, their needs were met when Brothers Henry Hart, Willie Reeves, and Alfred Woods bargained to purchase a lot from George and Harriet Holderness of the Panola Land Company located on the corner of Church and Wagner Streets in Tarboro, NC.
The land was paid for and deeded January 13, 1913. It was filed for registration in April 1913 and in the same year, the deed was conveyed to George and Lizzie Howard. On December 23, 1919, the land was deeded back to Trustees James Stancil, Alfred Woods and Marcellous Roberts and the Deed of Trust was burned. The church title was registered April 28, 1925.